Monday, 13 June 2011

white painted bottles

I love the white painted bottles that I came across on
abeachcottage.com

Living in Guyana, I am limited by the resources that are available
here, so I'm always looking for ideas using readily available materials.
Well, there are glass drinks bottles in abundance and white paint, maybe not glass
paint, but I'm going to try to paint my bottles from the inside.
I found instructions on ehow
Hopefully they will still have the glassy shine that way.
I love the beach cottage ones though.
I am thinking about lining up a few on the dining table.
Originally, I wanted to get some candlesticks like these from Ikea,
but I haven't seen anything similar around. Maybe I'll paint my bottles
silver instead !

I want to put some DIY back painted glass on top of the badly ruined dining table in
our new rented house. I need to look at what colour will compliment the colour of the wooden legs. I am thinking of silver or aqua / teal. It might come down to what colour paint I can buy here though, so, when we move at the end of this week, I'll take a trip to the paint shop and see what they have.
I saw an aqua table here

My intended colour scheme is charcoal, tan, aqua, silver and gold.
Something like this

Here is a silver table

So, I have to find out what paint is available, and what colour compliments the wood of the table as it will only be painted glass that I will be placing on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment